Monday, March 15, 2010

Be specific

On Sunday trying to get ready for church Bayli was dragging her feet and it was driving me crazy. She kept going and reading a book instead of finishing whatever it was she was supposed to be doing. I finally had enough and told her that if I caught her reading that book one more time I would throw it in the trash. I go on to finish getting ready and come back in the living room a little bit later and what do I see but her reading a book. I say "what did I tell you I was going to do?" She said "that was this book (points to one laying on the couch) not this one (points to one in her hand)." This must be the "getting off on a technicality" they talk about at trials. Next time I will say "a book" not "that book" to cover any book she may be holding at that time. Smart aleck kid! I really don't know where she gets it from.

No comments:

Post a Comment